All plants have opportunities to improve the performance of their process, from reactors, fractionators and distillation columns, just to name a few. Reducing variability, and improving product quality, increasing availability and capacity, or reducing energy and material usage are all opportunities for your plant to become more efficient.
Using the SmartProcess suite of applications from Laurentide Controls and Emerson, you can optimize your major unit operations using Model Predictive Control (MPC). MPC dynamically models the process, and a record of its past behavior. MPC uses this data from your plant to predict how the process will behave in the future. These predictions then can be used to determine the ideal series of control actions to safeguard all process control objectives are achieved.
We are pleased to offer you our process optimization expertise .Our consultants will perform onsite troubleshooting, startup assistance, controller tuning, process simulation, implementation of advanced control solutions, and training of plant staff. We have vast experience in many process industries including Refining, Chemical, Power, Pipelines, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, Mining & Metals, Pulp & Paper and others.
- Reducing process variability and improving your product quality:
- Our Control Performance Improvement consultants can quickly determine the root cause of your process inefficiency, and offer solutions for loop performance problems such as cycling and slow response. They can tune all loops in a unit for a collaborative response to load disturbances and set point changes. The resulting reduction in process variability will help to minimize consumption of your raw materials and energy while yielding product quality improvements for your plant.
- Improve your process availability with less operator intervention and better regulatory compliance:
- Our expert consultants can help you determine the root cause of and solutions for process upsets, trips, reducing the need for operator intervention on key control loops. We can help to reduce unplanned events, thus lowering maintenance costs for your process equipment.
- Maximize the benefits of advanced control:
- For an advanced control system to perform correctly, base-level control loops must be able to reject disturbances and respond correctly to set point changes. Our Control Performance Improvement consultants can quickly diagnose base-level loop limitations, and can identify those loops that will receive additional benefits from advanced control strategies.